Guide on how to start your Google Business Profile
1. Visit Google My Business: Start by visiting the Google My Business website here. Sign in to your Google account, obviously, or create a new one if you don’t have an existing account.
2. Provide Basic Information: Once signed in, you’ll need to provide the basic information about your business, its name, address, phone number, and category that your business falls under. Ensure that the information you provide is accurate and up-to-date, as this is the most important step.
3. Verification: Google, requires business owners to verify their information to prevent spam and maintain the integrity of the platform. You’ll will be prompted to verify your business through a verification code sent to your business address through a phone call to your business number or mail. Follow the instructions provided to complete the verification process.
4. Complete Your Profile: After Google verifies your business is legitimate, you’ll gain access to your Google Business Profile dashboard. It’s crucial to complete your profile with relevant details to enhance your online presence. Add your business hours, website URL address, some photos, a brief description of your business, and any other information that can help potential customers understand what you offer.
5. Optimize Your Profile: It’s best practice to increase your visibility on Google by optimizing your profile by selecting the most appropriate primary and sub-categories for your business, incorporating relevant keywords in your description, and ensuring your business information matches other online directories.
6. Reviews and Engagement: We at OrlandoDesign encourage our customers to leave reviews on our Google Business Profile and you should too! Respond promptly to both positive and negative reviews, as it shows your dedication to customer satisfaction and can help build trust with potential customers.